UX CASE STUDY: mVISA Mobile Push Payments AppGlobal Payments for Emerging Markets
This mVisa Case Study shows our collaborative,
empathetic, human‐centered design process.
the relationships between the research, data and solutions.
The Challenge for mVisa:
HOW MIGHT WE:
Reduce the dependency of cash by providing a mobile-based alternative
in emerging markets that’s simple and secure?
Key App Design Considerations
- Mobile device is a new channel for payment by consumers and merchants
- Users will continue with entrenched payment habits unless the new experience with mVisa is simple and convenient to use; delivers value and control; and suits the social context of the payment situations
- Success of client’s mVisa program critically dependent on the user experience on the mobile interface.
Mobile Payments Authentication:
BALANCING SECURITY AND CONVENIENCE
Transactions should be secure and also easily accessible for users
- Transaction initiation should be made as quick as possible
- Clients should utilize authentication mechanisms like biometric or numeric passcode.
- Devices should be supported to ensure high level of security and confidence by consumers in using mVisa services
Let’s Start with the Design Principles
Simplicity – create direct and easy to understand experience
Clear contextual feedback – use multiple cues like visual elements, sound and vibration
Security – allay this top-of-mind concern in adopting mobile payments
Error and exception handling – cover for all possibilities
Information and usage feedback – deliver on need for control and need for maximum value
Personas and User Experience Journey Map
MS. SANJANA, Consumer,
31 years old, Stay at Home Mom
MR DEEPAK MERCHANT,
32 years old. Jewelry Shop Owner